Your roof is essential to your home’s protection and a significant contributor to its overall value. That’s why choosing the right materials and professionals for the job is important. In this blog post, residential roofing and gutters expert Neumann Construction introduces GAF roofing materials, a top choice for homeowners who want the perfect combination of durability, style, and energy efficiency.
Benefits of a GAF Roofing System
When protecting your home and enhancing its appearance, GAF roofing materials truly stand out. Here are some benefits you can expect from a GAF roof.
As one of the leading roofing manufacturers in the country, GAF is well-known for its high-quality products. Their roofing materials are designed to resist curling, cracking, and algae growth, giving your home maximum protection for years.
- Durability. GAF roofing products are made from high-quality materials that ensure your roof will last for years. This means less maintenance and fewer repairs, giving you peace of mind knowing your home is well-protected.
- Weather Resistance. A GAF roof is designed to withstand the elements, including strong winds, heavy rain, and even hail. This resistance to harsh weather conditions helps prevent leaks and other damage, keeping your home safe and dry.
- Higher Resale Value. A well-built GAF roofing system isn’t only capable of protecting against the weather — it can also enhance your home’s visual appeal. If you decide to sell in the future, investing in a GAF roof replacement can help boost property value. It can even be among the many selling points that will surely attract potential buyers to your home.
Wide Variety of Styles and Colors
GAF shingles are manufactured not just to keep your home protected. They also come in a wide variety of colors and styles to match any décor. In fact, GAF shingles are available in three different styles, each with their own unique benefits:
- Three-Tab Shingles. The most basic type of asphalt shingles, it is made of a single layer of asphalt-coated fiberglass, offering a simple and attractive roofing material at an economical price. Perfect for homeowners with limited budgets, they offer a straightforward counterpart to home exteriors consisting of a different mix of materials and vibrant hues.
- Architectural Shingles. These are an all-around option for homeowners looking for a product that combines performance, visual appeal and dependability. GAF has a line of magnificent architectural shingles called Timberline®, which is available in a myriad of colors and finishes, including a striking shadow effect seen in other roofing material options like wood shakes and slate.
- Designer Shingles. These shingles are level higher over their architectural counterparts in terms of appearance. In fact, GAF’s designer shingles boast a sophisticated appeal thanks to their elegant color palette and an upscale finish that mimics the exact look of wood shakes and slate.
The roof is a powerful element that makes up your home’s exterior, and with the help of GAF’s numerous asphalt shingle choices, you can find the best combination of style and color that will complement your siding, trim, windows and doors.
You can achieve energy savings when you invest in a GAF roof. Here’s how:
- Cool Roofing Technology. Choosing a greener roof allows you to lower your home’s energy consumption, which will reflect on your monthly utility bills. GAF offers Timberline® CS shingles, which are rated by the Cool Roofs Ratings Council (CCRC) for the cooling cost savings they provide to households. Installing them helps to minimize the solar heat gain of your home by reflecting incoming sun rays and re-emitting the absorbed energy. Making this investment also gives you the opportunity to take advantage of incentives that some utility companies offer.
- Solar Roofing. GAF also offers a roof with the added benefit of generating power from the sun. The Timberline Solar™ roof system is composed of shingles that effectively shed rainwater, don’t require to be mounted on a rack like most solar panels, and are warranted to withstand strong winds of up to 130 miles per hour. When installed, they offer a design that blends well within the your house’s aesthetics, with elements that boost curb appeal like any of the brand’s architectural shingles.
Investing in GAF products means taking advantage of the manufacturer’s warranties, giving you peace of mind knowing that they have an extra layer of protection. This means that if something goes wrong with your roof, you’ll be assured that GAF’s certified contractors will address the issue.
With GAF’s warranty options, such as the ones listed below, you can be confident that your investment in a new roof is protected for years.
- GAF Shingle and Accessory Limited Warranty. One of the most basic warranties that GAF offers for its shingles and accessories.
- GAF System Plus® Limited Warranty. If your roof uses qualified GAF shingles and three accessory products, you can get a lifetime warranty on the shingles.
- GAF Golden Pledge® Limited Warranty. A premium warranty plan GAF offers. It comes with a 50-year coverage on materials and a 25-year coverage on workmanship, as well as coverage for tear-off costs and roof disposal.
GAF Master Elite® Roofing Contractor
To enjoy the many benefits that a GAF roofing system offers, it is important that you work with a local roofing company who can expertly install it. Not only that, but they must be certified by the brand. Neumann Construction, the trusted roofer among homeowners in and around Brainerd, MN, specializing in roof installations and hail damage repair services, is a GAF Master Elite contractor.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- First-Class Workmanship. GAF Master Elite roofers account for only 2% of all roofing contractors in the U.S. This means that for a contractor to receive this certification, they must demonstrate superior workmanship and pass rigorous requirements. You can rest easy knowing that you’re working with some of the best roofers in the industry.
- Top-Notch Products. As a Master Elite roofer, we are able to offer a wide range of roofing shingles and components. We know which ones to recommend based on your specific needs and budget.
- Ongoing Training. Part of being a Master Elite contractor is our team’s commitment to ongoing training and education. We keep ourselves updated on the latest techniques and innovations in the roofing industry. In doing so, we are able to translate them into every roofing project we handle, allowing us to provide much better service compared to other contractors.
Get in Touch With Us!
Trust the experience of the prompt, courteous and professional roofing team at Neumann Construction to install your GAF asphalt shingle roof. Call us today at (218) 270-0009 or fill out our online form to schedule a consultation. Count on us for your other residential roofing needs, including ice dam removal and Roof Maxx roof restoration.